Monday, January 19, 2009

It's been a while...

It is been way too long since I last blogged. For that, I apologize. At this moment I do not have any recipes for you but I do have pictures of a few things I've been eating lately.

For new years this year I spent it in California with my good friend, and fellow vegan, Andrew. Many many good times. While I was there he took me to a Japanese joint that was absolutely awesome called Kabuki. It really was adorable. When you look at the menu there is a tiny broccoli florette next to all the vegetarian options. I didn't take any pictures during my trip which makes me a bad person. BUT! I do have to thank Andrew because I hadn't had great sushi like that since becoming Vegan. Ever since I have been on a make sushi/go have it for lunch kick. If I could afford it I would go out for sushi every day! Since I am not able to do so, I make my own at home.

Teriyaki Tofu Rolls

I made these while watching a good ol' Cowboy Bebop Marathon. Pretty good rolling skills, right? All I had was nori, sesame seeds, rice and tofu I marinated in teriyaki sauce, water, green onions and pepper.


I ate the first roll and one just didn't seem enough. SO! I made another. They came out much uglier, but even tastier because I threw the green onions from the teriyaki marinade on the roll.

Tofu/Polenta Stacks

Yea... these were pretty much amazing. I cooked up a few slices of Wild Wood Tofu (super firm... Best tofu I have ever had in my entire life...) with some teriyaki sauce and a very small amount of margarine. For the polenta and tomatoes I used a small amount of margarine, nutritional yeast, salt and soymilk. this was extremely tasty. I was very happy I put this one together. I didn't really put a recipe together for this one but you can pretty much just throw it together fairly easily.

Hopefully I will be able to stay on top of my blogging. But!!! This is my last year of college so I will be working a lot on projects and doing a lot of filming. I will do my best.


Jeni Treehugger said...

Good to see you back. Happy New Year to you.

Stacey said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! Love your blog too! Your sushi is beautiful! Whenever we make sushi it's always the spicy tempeh (from VWAV - I think?) I gotta try the teriyaki tofu next time. Your tofu polenta stacks look so good!!

theveganfoodie said...

Sushi is awesome! I find I like vegan sushi better than I did fish sushi. Your sushi rolling skills are awesome! They look really good! I can't wait until I try to make sushi at home!

disa said...